Marketing is very important in a micro business. You need to be able to show your customers why your product or service is unique and why they should buy from you. But that can be a challenge.
Here’s a set of questions that will help guide you in the right direction:
- What problems do you help your customers solve? Narrow it down to just one, primary problem, if possible.
- What unique solutions do you give them?
- Where are your customers located?
- Why should customers care about what you have to offer?
- When customers think of you or your business, what words do you want to come to mind?
- Does anybody else do what you do?
- Do they do it better? How?
- Do they mess up? How?
- If you were looking for a product or service like you provide, how would you want to find out about it?
After responding to these questions, re-phrase your answers to better market yourself.
Here are some of the ways to respond:
- My business is about:
- It helps people by:
- What makes it unique is:
- The people who need to know this are:
- They are located at:
- To meet them, I need to:
- When I meet them, I’m going to tell them:
- They will be so glad to know about my services, they will:
There is so much competition that talking about what you offer isn’t good enough. Tell your customers what makes your product or service unique.
Then, and only then, will they buy form you and not your competition.
Marketing your micro business is emphasized in the book Running a Micro Business.
You will find it very helpful as you run your micro business. Order a copy today.