Ever heard of getting a micro business as a gift?
Tammy Murray of Sacramento, received an amazing gift for Christmas: the business of her dreams.
Tammy’s son, Bryan, heard his mom talking about her dream business — sending cookies and care packages to college students — for more than a year. Tammy’s done a bit of groundwork. She has the recipes and lined up a commercial kitchen. She even had a possible name for her business: Tammy Loves Cookies or TLC.
Like so many entrepreneurs, Tammy’s timid about taking the next steps. So Bryan decided to give her a gentle push. For Christmas, he’d give his mom some business cards, a website, and a domain name.
What a neat idea! Read more here.
If you are a teenager looking to start a micro business, did you put I want a micro business on your Christmas list? Why not!
Here’s what you could ask for:
- Accounting software like Quickbooks
- An hour with an accountant to guide you and answer your questions
- A logo designed by a graphic artist
- Business cards
- Books on business and entrepreneurship, especially the Micro Business for Teens books!
- A few hours with a virtual assistant to set up a mailing list or a shopping cart
Some of these might be difficult to wrap, but a gift certificate explaining the gift can be drawn up on a computer or simply written by hand. It’s the thought that counts!
Carol Topp, CPA