Are today’s parents guilty of micro managing our teenagers? Or being helicopter parents?
This episode of the Dollars and Sense Show podcast is part 1 of a two-part workshop Carol Topp presented at the Great Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati last year titled, “Were Not Raising Children, We’re Raising Grown Ups.”
Carol discusses the topic of sheltering our children too much and for too long so that they are ill equipped for adult life.
Grab your handout here
Mentioned in the podcast:
- The Self-Propelled Advantage Joanne Calderwood
- Parenting for the Launch Dennis Trittin
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother Amy Chua
- Setting The Records Straight Lee Binz, TheHomeScholar.com
- Phil Vischer podcast at PhilVischer.com
In Part 2 Carol will share important life skills your teenager needs to know, such as: career choice, money management and living independently. She will share tips on how to impart important lessons in a natural way and share resources to help you raise a grown up!