In the video below author Rachel Coker shares with you her experience as the first teenager to be published by Zondervan. Hear her story and the pros and cons that come with traditional publishing.
Mentioned in the video are some of the advantages to having a traditional publisher including:
- The reputation of being published with a major publisher
- The resources available to you and your book to make it shine. Including: a book editor, a book designer, interior formatting, etc.
Also mentioned are some tips when publishing traditionally:
- Use an agent
- Network and go to writers conferences
- Be patient
- Good choice if you have a wide audience
Finally, there are the cons of publishing with a traditional publisher mentioned in the video:
- Having to write a book proposal query
- Finding an agent
- Waiting for the publisher to get back to you
- Marketing your book on your own
- Working around the publisher’s schedule
Watch the video:
For more information about how to start your own micro business check out the books, Micro Business For Teens, available at: MicroBusinessForTeens.com, Amazon.com, and other retailers listed here.
Carol Topp, CPA